20 May 2015

Tea dying lace. Cheap and cheerful technique!


Here is a really simple and easy dying technique. I wanted some creamy brown lace so easiest and cheapest way was to tea dye it!! As you can see I got a bowl and 3 tea bags, put the kettle on and grab yo lace.

These were all the different types of lace I decided to try and dye (some don't dye very well and it was a bit trial and error as usual)

Mix that up to make some yummy tea, no milk or sugar tho! 

The longer you let it stew the richer the colour gets.


Chuck that lace in and give it a good stir!!


Now walk away and come back in half hour or so. I left it in for longer but it's not essential.


Grab a spoon and scoop it all out! I did not rinse these after I just hung them over the tap and waited till they were dry. And hey presto, creamy brown lace, perfect for your steampunk creations. (I will be posting them later)














































No comments:

Post a Comment