20 May 2015

steampunk cash tin

Ok so I'm starting to do craft fairs seeing as I have a tonne of stock from over the last few years of creating things. My first fair was the steam show at Chatham dockside, steampunk village! I could hardly do a steampunk event without being properly kitted out and my bright blue cash box was just not going to cut it!!
So out came the graffiti paint I had bought from Graff city. BEST SPRAY PAINT EVER!! Cheap and very very effective!! The whole thing was sprayed black first.
Then once that was dry, out came the gilders paste. I have fallen in love with the gilders paste and will be using it over and over and over. It gives such a great finish and is extremely easy to use but I wouldn't say it was cheap at around £9 per 27ml tin although it does go very very far!!
Once it was gilded enough to my liking I headed for my bronze charms and findings collection of which I had loads left after my steampunk wedding. Time to embellish!  I got all the bits on ebay if you wanted to buy some, at very reasonable prices too.
I also used some brown leather that I had bought in thin strips, It's for bike handles and was an ok price, again on ebay. I hot glue gunned that to the top, back and bottom of the tin to make it look like a vintage suitcase. I have been toying with the idea of sticking brad heads to it and banging a philips screw driver into it to make it look like screws but have not got round to it yet. ah one day I hope. 
I also sprayed the change draw in the mega cool copper graffiti spray too!
I added a bit of black felt to the bottom of the tin as it just adds a tiny bit more texture and class to the overall finish, but I didnt take a picture of that one! My bad!

I even steampunked the keys by adding cogs and glueing them on. Again no pic sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment