22 February 2014

How to make a white renaissance style mirror look vintage


I bought white mirror from the range for £17. I took the back off and the mirror out so I just had the frame. I grabbed the black acrylic paint and the pva glue and a dribble of water to thin it all down a bit. Mix well and paint the frame. I gave mine 3 coats just to be sure. It dries with a lovely satin finish.

Once it's all dry grab the guilders paste in which ever colour you like, I went for the Foundry Bronze and I got an old duster to rub it on with.
Rub it on the top of the black but make sure not to rub it into every gap/crevice as you won't get the same effect. Wait half hour for the paste to dry, then add the mirror back in and put the back back on and hey presto a new renaissance mirror that looks rather expensive for £17!!

No comments:

Post a Comment